Cruise Line: Oceania Cruises
Sailing: Round-Trip Miami, March 13 to 20, 2016
Ports: Miami, Key West, Trujillo, Belize City, Cozumel, Miami
Ship: Oceania’s Riviera
Pre-Night Stay: Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay
- Hotel is 4 Stars
- 10-15 min drive to the pier
- Breakfast included – was very good!
- Category A1 – 9057 – right in front of the elevator entrance. No problems with noise, and close to the Concierge lounge and laundry room.
- Bathroom well designed. Separate shower smaller, but you could also take a shower in the tub. Bvlgari amenities are included in the Concierge staterooms.
- With the Concierge category, they do include access to the Canyon Ranch Spa.
- Fabulous double deck chairs which were very comfortable and also offered shade while you were reading in them.
Entertainment & Excursions:
- We enjoyed the culinary classes, which were at a fee of $69pp. Definitely best to pre-book the classes as there was very limited space when we arrived onboard. A couple of the options were already sold out and on a waitlist.
- We opted to book independent snorkel excursions as they were a bit less expensive than Oceania’s. In Honduras, we paid $49pp + the taxi ride $10pp. In Belize, we booked the snorkel excursion as soon as we got off the tender. Our 4-hour snorkel tour $40pp.
- When we were getting back on the tender in Belize, we walked right onboard ours. Other ships had very long line ups to get on their tender. No ships dock in Belize due to the reef so everyone has to tender.
- We pre-booked our 4 specialty dining reservations. All 4 were amazing, the food and quality in each restaurant was excellent.
- The Buffet had a good selection.
- Internet was free, but very intermittent in terms of both access and signal strength.
- Pilates and yoga classes were $11 extra per class.
- Laundry was $2 per wash and same price to dry.
- Drink package for unlimited drinks is $60pp a day. We bought wine in Key West and had no problem bringing it onboard.
- Barista was good for specialty coffee. They also have small sandwiches, cookies, and biscotti.
- Service was good onboard – no complaints. Deck crew brought drinks by the pool, and were very efficient at the lounges at night.
All in all, a great cruise experience!